Green Hornet on the hustle?

|
Stephen Chow the director and star of Kung Fu Hustle and Shaolin Soccer is
onboard to direct and star opposite Seth Rogen as Kato in Columbia Pictures The Green Hornet which is set for release June 25th 2010.
Of the opportunity Chow said:
"I'm excited to be taking on 'The Green Hornet' -- obviously, I've been a huge fan of the show since I was a kid. The idea of stepping into Bruce Lee's shoes as Kato is both humbling and thrilling, and to get the chance to direct the project as my American movie debut is simply a dream come true. I'm grateful to my friends at Sony, who have shown so much faith in me for so many years. I'm looking forward to working with Seth, Evan, Neal, and the team at Sony, and I'm eager to get started."
Check out the full article at superherohype here.

Sony really outdid themselves with this one, I think this is an absolutely phenomenal choice as Kung Fu Hustle is one of my favorite martial arts movies of all time. Stephen Chow has proven himself as a very capable filmmaker and when you add Seth Rogen into the mix your looking at a potential action/comedy classic.

No comments: